As 2011 draws to a close you may find it useful to set aside a little time to reflect on how your year has gone. I’ve been doing this for the past few years, and I enjoy the opportunity to pause and consider the prior months. Many times there are events or accomplishments that I’ve forgotten about. This activity helps me to get some perspective on the prior year and clears a space for the new year to come. I’ve included a couple questions below to help you get started.
1) What were the highlights (major events or accomplishments) of 2011?
2) Are there any special memories from this year?
3) What worked well in 2011?
4) What didn’t work well in 2011?
5) What were my main challenges/concerns in 2011?
6) What did I learn this past year?
7) On a scale of 1-10 how much gas do I have in my tank after this year?
8 ) Looking back over the past year, which direction are the following relationships moving in? Are they improving, holding steady, or getting worse?
- significant other
9) What word or phrase sums up 2011 for you?
10) What is your top priority for 2012?