What’s as uncertain and unpredictable as the Wild West? Trying to figure out your career direction on your own!
It’s not unusual for clients to come to us when their life just isn’t where they thought it would be by now.
It’s a feeling of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, as though you’ve gotten off your horse and walked into the wrong saloon.
When this happens, it can be really difficult to know what to do next.
You think to yourself:
Maybe it’s time to ask for someone else’s take on this, but I’m not sure where to begin.
Maybe if I look harder online, I’ll finally find that perfect job for me. Let me check just one more page of job listings… and one more… and… Noooo! Help!
You’ve just stepped into a mental gunfight where salary requirements and qualifications and impersonal job applications are hurled at you left and right. You’re left feeling depressed, discouraged, and worried about your prospects.
These thoughts and patterns are actually keeping you stuck.
Getting reliable and proven career help is like hitching your wagon to an experienced guide’s wagon.
You stop together by the warm embers of the campfire. They help you plan your journey, whatever the weather and terrain conditions. They point out the patterns in the stars and it’s even possible that your journey starts to feel like an adventure again.
Wouldn’t that be nice?
Watch out for our posts over the next two weeks where I’ll share two stories of our former clients.
First up is Susan’s story. You’ll find out:
- How Susan went from stuck to secure in her next career steps.
- Why Susan won’t be grooming poodles anytime soon.
- How Susan rode off into the sunset, and how you can too.
And then I’ll share Megan’s story. You’ll discover:
- The key decision that helped Megan take the right turn at a career crossroads.
- The number one factor that cleared her confusion during her career search.
- Why Megan was so glad that she didn’t listen when people told her everything would be O.K.
PLUS, there’s one BIG difference in the direction these two clients took. See if you can spot it!