Did you miss Tom’s story last week about finding work he loved, even after he’d given up? Don’t worry, you can read it here if you did. This week, you’ll learn how Jacqueline used an unexpected layoff to change her career direction.
Jacqueline had worked for over 20 years in a fast-paced and challenging industry, with 12 of those years in a leadership role. When she was abruptly let go, Jacqueline didn’t feel defeated. Instead, she decided to use this unexpected turn of events as a catalyst for change.
The truth was that she had been ready to part ways with this industry for a while, but hadn’t had the courage to try something unfamiliar on her own.
She knew that she wanted more of a balance between her career and spending time with her kids. She wanted to do what felt right for her.
She felt confused, unsure, lost and overwhelmed. After trying a few different options, she decided to work with Cardy Career Coaching to help her to make a career change.
- She worked with her coach to get over the experience of being fired and learned how to evaluate new opportunities.
- She landed a position that feels like a perfect fit and affords her the flexibility to be with her family more.
- She was able to get her foot in the door of an entirely new industry and learn from the ground up.
- Since working with Cardy Career Coaching, Jacqueline has been promoted to a different, new, and exciting position within the same company.
- She feels that working with her coach helped her to figure things out and to feel confident moving forward.
Jacqueline wanted to be there for her family, and she also wanted to stretch herself and try new things. What a great example of courage and resilience for her kids!
Click here to read Jacqueline’s full story in her own words.
Leave a Reply