In my decade plus of career coaching experience, I notice that we can go about our careers and our corresponding paychecks in two very different ways.
We can go for chameleon money, where we mask who we really are, bend into any shape for a paycheck, and lose track of something precious.
This shows up as:
- designing your career around hot job market trends
- googling highest paying jobs
- pursuing a degree for the perceived status
- getting lost in a job search because you’re applying to everything
Or we can go for centered money, where we show up as fully ourselves as we can, are anchored in our own integrity, and magnify our gifts in the world.
This shows up as:
- designing your career around who you are and your strengths
- accepting your intrinsic gifts as valid and valuable
- following your interests and diving deep into them
- having a specific career target that is a great fit for you
Solving for the most lucrative career path is pretty easy, and people don’t usually hire my team and I to help with this.
They hire us to help them figure out how to finally get to show up as themselves in the workplace.
One of my coaches put it beautifully on a recent team call.
She described that a part of a client had gotten smushed. And together she and this client were acknowledging this and exploring that it might be ok to love what this client actually loved.
Can you feel that opening? That space that’s getting created?
When I hear about the beautiful work my team does in increasing acceptance and moving people into fuller authenticity, I often tear up.
What if you didn’t have to try so hard to fit in?
What if it were ok to love what you actually loved?
What if you got to show up to work with all of yourself…
and you still got paid?
If you’ve achieved incredible success in the world while wearing a mask and are beyond tired of keeping up the fight of holding it in place, pop in an application and include the word “CENTERED” in the question about how you found us.