You’re a smart cookie, a problem solver, someone who generally moves capably through the world.
So why would you ever need the help of a career clarity coach?
Check out these 13 signs you might want to hire a career clarity coach.
- You want to make a change, but it keeps getting put on the backburner. Hiring a coach is a form of signaling to your brain that you’re making your career a priority. Add in the support and accountability of an expert coach and the career issues that have been simmering in the background can finally get the attention they need to be resolved.
- You’ve researched, taken assessments, journaled, and thought about what you want to do next and are still feeling at a loss. If you look through the above list carefully, you’ll notice that the mentioned activities are all things you can do in isolation. That means you are working within your own blind spots. Having a coach by your side can help to open your mind up to what it is missing.
- Months, seasons, or years are passing, and nothing is changing for the better in your career. The passing of time without a positive change is a clear signal that you may need to lean on a coach to teach you the skills and steps necessary to move forward into a career direction that is a better fit.
- Your loved ones keep giving you advice that deflates you and your sense of possibility. This is a big one! It’s really hard to make a change if the people around you aren’t supportive. Inviting in a 3rd party who has no agenda other than helping you achieve what you most want can be a game changer.
- You are constantly thinking about your career and what to do next. This is a clear sign that something is off in your current career path. It signals that resolving your career situation is really important to you. If your career is important to you, then it’s worthwhile to invest in it with more than just your thoughts.
- You’ve hit a breaking point in terms of your health and well-being and are motivated to make a change. While these circumstances can be painful, they often provide that extra push we need to finally pay attention to what’s going on with our careers. Coaches can get the best results when they’re working with motivated individuals, so if you’re in this category, reach out!
- On Sunday nights you feel a fog of negative feelings descend as you get ready to re-enter the week ahead. Pay attention to these feelings! They are letting you know that something is off.
- You’re unhappy during your work week. We all have ups and downs at work, but if you notice a pervasive unhappiness with your career, that’s a signal to reach out to a coach.
- You feel lost and confused about what career path to pursue. This is a very common situation. It’s a great time to bring someone in who has a perspective on the land you’re travelling through and who can guide you out of spinning and circles and into positive progress.
- Your loved ones are tired of your career unhappiness and the way it’s affecting your relationship. We don’t participate in our careers in a vacuum. When something is off in our careers, it’s normal for that to spill over into other parts of our careers. Many of our clients have said they were motivated to make a change by the desire to be a better role model for their children or a better spouse or partner to their significant other.
- You feel a mix of overwhelm and excitement by all the career options available… but mostly overwhelmed. Having the space to talk through your ideas and feelings with a professional coach can clarify and simplify your path forward.
- You’re worried that you’re too (fill in the blank). Some of our clients worry that they’re too young. Others worry that they’re too old. That they’re not experienced enough or too experienced. These worries are perfectly normal, but left unchecked they can stall you out. A career coach can help you to move through these concerns.
- You’re concerned about choosing the wrong thing. If feeling paralyzed is part of your career situation, then having a coach to double check your ideas can be invaluable. It can improve your thinking and your confidence about your career direction.
For many people asking for help with their careers is a foreign concept. Yet asking for help is a sign of strength. It speeds up your ability to achieve the results you want. And, in this particular case, asking for help can jumpstart your career, which can pay off for years to come.
If you’re experiencing one or more of these 13 signs, apply for one of signature Career CLARITY coaching programs today!